| |     ћирилица | latinica  
Notification of marriage that was performed by a foreign authority

Marriage registration

In order to register a marriage solemnised in Australia or NZ in the Civil Registry of Marriages in Serbia, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

  1. Completed Application Form (MS WORD or PDF form)
  2. Completed Statement of Spouses (MS WORD or PDF form)
  3. Original Marriage Certificate, stamped with a current “Apostille” certificate and translated into Serbian language.
  4. Photo-copy of Citizenship Certificates of both spouses;
  5. Photo-copy of Passports of both spouses and/or other photo ID.

If you are submitting your application by mail, your signatures on the Application form and the Statement should be witnessed by a Justice of the Piece.

Note: If this is not the first marriage, the divorced spouse's Birth Certificate from the Civil Registry of Births in Serbia, should be annotatated that the previous marriage has been dissolved.

Application fee: AUD$ 37.00

Translation fee from English to Serbian language: AUD $86.00 per document.

Fees are payable by cash if lodging in person, or by bank cheque or money order (in the name of “the Consulate General of the Republic of Serbia") if lodging by mail. 

For additional information, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of RS web site under Marriage and Family.

Print version
Consular services
Notification of death of deceased persons abroad
Obtaining documents from Serbia
Visas for Montenegro
List of received biometric passports
Travel Documents
Registration of birth and citizenship of a child
Notification of marriage that was performed by a foreign authority
Repatriation of Human Remains to Serbia
Documents Certification
Military Service
Other Services
Travel Abroad
Consular Fees