| |     ћирилица | latinica  
Notification of marriage that was performed by a foreign authority

Marriage registration

In order to register a marriage solemnised in Australia or NZ in the Civil Registry of Marriages in Serbia, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

  1. Completed Application Form (MS WORD or PDF form)
  2. Completed Statement of Spouses (MS WORD or PDF form)
  3. Original Marriage Certificate, stamped with a current “Apostille” certificate and translated into Serbian language by an authorised translator.
  4. Photo-copy of Citizenship Certificates of both spouses;
  5. Photo-copy of Passports of both spouses and/or other photo ID.

If you are submitting your application by mail, your signatures on the Application form and the Statement should be witnessed by a Justice of the Piece.

Note: If this is not the first marriage, the divorced spouse's Birth Certificate from the Civil Registry of Births in Serbia, should be annotatated that the previous marriage has been dissolved.

Application fee: AUD$ 29.00

Translation fee from English to Serbian language: AUD $78.00 per document.

Fees are payable by cash if lodging in person, or by bank cheque or money order (in the name of “the Consulate General of the Republic of Serbia") if lodging by mail. 

Please Note: all documents issued by foreign authorities (AUS/NZ) must be authenticated with Apostille, in order to be accepted by the Serbian authorities. Apostille certificates are issued by the relevant government department - in Australia: Australian Passports Office Authentications Section (Ph: 1300 935 260 or visit www.smartraveller.gov.au) - in NZ: Department of Internal Affairs (Ph: 0800 872 675 or visit www.govt.nz/authentications). 

For additional information, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of RS web site under Marriage and Family.

Print version
Consular services
Notification of death of deceased persons abroad
Obtaining documents
Visas for Montenegro
List of received biometric passports
Travel Documents
Registration of birth and citizenship of a child
Notification of marriage that was performed by a foreign authority
Repatriation of Human Remains to Serbia
Documents Certification
Military Service
Other Services
Travel Abroad
Consular Fees